Sunday, July 5, 2009

Breaking Point...

I have no clue how many of you actually read this blog, but I appreciate the dedication you have for it. It is really nice of you. But I think I have hit a breaking point as I write this tonight. It is a breaking point of frustration and amazement. I'm frustrated that things have been rolling just the same dadgum way for years and years and amazed that nothing has been done to solve our problems. So here are the uncensored, unadulterated, pure words of the world's biggest, most sarcasticly positive cynic.
What has your life amounted to? You who sit here and read this? Are you vegging out to primetime TV and enjoying yet another pre-cooked chicken breast tonight just like you have for years on end? Where the heck have you ended up that is so much more important than the issue that really lurks over your life- that you have yet to make your mark in this world? I have preached a number of messages from the heart and a number of heart-felt, emotional talks that have fallen on deaf ears that will no more do any of the things I suggest than they have before. My sermons consist of the unoriginal peptalk of the century, urging the listener to take a stand in a sitting world. But they don't! They don't even come close. They don't even care enough to figure out just what the heck life is all about let alone doing one iota of the things a genuine human being would ever do. I have yet to see a living, breathing human being, one who is not afraid of emotions or love or independence or simplicity or complexity. I have seen the same people walk the same street doing the same thing on the same day with the same attitude as they always have. Even as I sit here and write this, how do I know you will take a stand for anything you believe in, let alone anybody read this in the first place. I don't, but I don't write this for you; I write this for someone greater.
I hate the shallow talks of girls who no more find themselves a brain than they do sense enough to carry on an intelligent conversation with an adult. I have yet to see an adult who doesn't carry on like a child and throw fits at their own little pet peeves. I have yet to see a Christian walk the streets without either a Bible in their hands to subdue the evil or a gun in their hands to crucify the hypocrite. I have yet to see a member of a congregation do something rebelliously right, like taking in the sick and poor LITERALLY, and stand for something other than the tempo of the songs and the wafers of communion. I hate how there are only a handful of people on this earth who have something going for them, such as a life worth living and remembering. God, I wish I never end up a statistic on a page or a column in an obituary with nothing to prove my existence. I wish at least one person would hear the cry of a man and tend to him, to hear the call of the sick and wish them well, or to be the person it was all about in the first place- the Son. How I long to have every denomination and church dissolve and we revert to the basic and true way things were in the beginning of this whole mess. Don't follow me yet? I'm talking about being true to something grand. I'm saying... I'm saying... be someone worth living.
Look, whatever, this is just a late night rant. But if you've read this far, then know that I don't joke around. I wish and long for this world to know what a true believer looks like. I long for Christ. I... long... for... love... and I dare you to give it.
KB

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you think, Kyle. And I appreciate your passion. Most of what you wrote has been through my mind as well at one time or another. Don't back down. We need more voices like yours.
    Boyd

    ReplyDelete